View All Jobs
New York, New York, United States
About United Minds
United Minds, part of the Weber Shandwick Collective, is Weber Shandwick’s in-house management consultancy that helps clients transform their organizations, with a particular focus on the people’s side of change. We are dedicated to making business more human through organizational transformation.
It is through this enduring purpose that we are able to work each day alongside a global team of warm, intelligent business strategists, writers, organizational psychologists, photographers, actors and teachers.
Together, we support change management, leadership impact, DE&I, employee experience and culture initiatives for some of the world’s most recognizable brands.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join our North America team that can lead client-consulting projects, contribute to thought leadership, and participate in new business. United Minds operates across the agency’s broader network, effectively delivering access to the opportunities and resources that drive career development and other goal-oriented achievements.
- Manage and contribute to employee communications and engagement projects for large brands, requiring knowledge of change management processes and principles, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Serve as daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively and oversees and provides guidance on client communications to project lead
- Act as a main day-to-day contact for a cross functional team, working with other practices in the Weber Shandwick Collective, to drive holistic solutions for our clients that will have tangible results on their bottom line
- Partner with strategic lead to design the project team structure
- Oversee development of strategic plans and recommendations tailored to client’s unique organizational profiles, including employee communications & change management programs and/or employee experience projects, consistently producing high quality content
- Ensure deliverables are client-ready – reviewing deliverables produced by junior team members
Account and Business Management
- Partner with strategic lead to organically grow the business – identifying new opportunities and proactively
- developing client relationships
- Drive and/or contributes to development of new business response (depending on scale/scope of opportunity)
- Contribute to thought leadership and proactive ideas to our offerings
- Oversee budget management including SOW development, managing those monitoring budget tracking (i.e., coordinating with finance and reviewing time runs)
- Identify resourcing needs/gaps/opportunities to solve with UM Operations lead
- Properly brief and onboard team members and clearly delegates tasks to more junior team members
Talent Strategy and DEI
- Build relationships with clients and colleague at all levels
- Integrate junior staff into workflow scenarios; possesses the ability to delegate tasks while remaining accountable for outcomes
- Supervise junior staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews
- Develop an understanding of diverse teaming and learning to actively look for opportunities to bring new views to an account; build teams to ensure there is representation of diverse talent/views/points of view in the work/team/room
- Build diverse network and surfaces opportunities to attract/pipeline/recruit diverse talent into our workforce
- Serve as model of positive behaviors around inclusivity and commitment to diverse workplace practices
- Complete all required IPG and Weber Shandwick Collective DEI Education
- At least 6-8 years’ experience driving employee communications strategies and change management initiatives for large complex organizations - either from the perspective of an agency or a consulting firm, or within a dynamic in-house communications firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, English or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
What We Are Looking For
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development or related field is a plus
- Certification in change management methodology (e.g. PROSCI) is a plus
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation) and project management skills
- Self-directed problem-solver with the ability to develop creative solutions and influence others to action
- Ability to professionally interface with clients
- Exhibits a willingness to continually learn and adapt
- Able to drive results even in ambiguous situations, able to quickly take ownership of process or deliverables
- Shows exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Ability to share insights, distill findings, and trends with teams to mobilize, develop and motivate
- Exhibits a strong commitment to agency and personal growth
- Consistently meets (often tight) deadlines
- Emphasizes attention to detail and quality, while working with a sense of urgency
NYC Salary range: $109,000.00 - $135,000.00
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money - $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
United Minds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. United Minds recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.